Sunflower Parent Teacher Organization is open to any parent, grandparent or guardian of a Sunflower Elementary School student. No dues or memberships are required; we’d love to see all of you at our meetings!
Our goals are to encourage and develop the sense of community within the school, support our teachers and staff, both financially and through volunteerism, and to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We help support many yearly activities at Sunflower:
- Spring Carnival
- Greater Andover Days parade float
- Scholastic Book Fairs
- Bingo night
- Walk-a-Thon Fundraiser (Paw Pride Prowl)
- Back-to-School ice cream social
- Incoming Kindergarten playdate
- School Directory
- Family Fun Nights
- Teacher requests for curriculum and technology
Provided funds in recent years for:
- New Playground Equipment (2012)
- iPads for every classroom (2014)
- Archery sets for new Physical Education curriculum (2015)
- wireless internet access throughout the school (2015)
- 3 years of software license for Reading Eggs, Accelerated Reader & Brain Pop (2016)
- New Student Ambassador Program
- Funding to expand requested teacher technology
- Jag Dads Program
Please email us at sunflowerPTO385 [at] gmail.com.
We are happy to answer your questions or find someone who can answer them. We would love to hear from you!
2016-17 PTO officers:
- Beth Baker, President bethbaker824 [at] gmail.com
- Kate Meschke, Vice President kmeschke [at] gmail.com
- Lindsay Fuoss, Treasurer lindsay.fuoss [at] pec1.com
- Angie Meinke, Secretary angiemeinke [at] hotmail.com